For PREVIOUS REVIEWS- Click on MYSTERY PEOPLE below -
Monday 17 April 2017
2017 THEAKSTON OLD PECULIER CRIME NOVEL OF THE YEAR LONGLIST REVEALED
The longlist, comprising 18 titles, is selected by an academy of crime writing authors, agents, editors, reviewers and members of the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival Programming Committee.
The longlist in full:
• Die Of Shame by Mark Billingham
• Black Widow by Chris Brookmyre
• Night School by Lee Child
• After You Die by Eva Dolan
• Lie With Me by Sabine Durrant
• Real Tigers by Mick Herron
• Tastes Like Fear by Sarah Hilary
• The Last Confession Of Thomas Hawkins by Antonia Hodgson
• The Darkest Secret by Alex Marwood
• Coffin Road by Peter May, Riverrun
• Out Of Bounds by Val McDermid
• Those We Left Behind by Stuart Neville
• Even Dogs In The Wild by Ian Rankin
• Murderabilia by Craig Robertson
• Birdwatcher by William Shaw
• Missing, Presumed by Susie Steiner
• The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
• Stasi Wolf by David Young
Longlisted titles will feature in a dedicated online campaign with WHSmith as well as promoted in over 1,500 library branches from 18 April.
The shortlist of six titles will be announced on 20 May, followed by a six-week promotion in libraries and WHSmith stores nationwide.
The overall winner will be decided by the panel of Judges, alongside a public vote. The public vote opens on 1 July and closes 14 July at www.theakstons.co.uk.
The winner will be announced at an award ceremony hosted by broadcaster Mark Lawson on 20 July on the opening night of the 15th Theakston Old Peculier Crime Writing Festival in Harrogate.
The winner will receive a £3,000 cash prize, as well as a handmade, engraved beer barrel provided by Theakston Old Peculier.