Recent Events

Thursday 1 December 2022

Terrific NEWS re 'The Fens' by Joy Ellis

Richard Armitage to play
DI Jackman in new TV series,


Well, I never expected this day to actually come, but here we are... Anyone who knows me personally will know that having my work go into TV has always been a distant dream of mine. Well, I can finally and proudly announce after many years of praying, White Boar Films and Sprout Pictures have acquired the rights to put my beloved Jackman on TV. The series will be titled ‘The Fens’, and I can confirm that Richard Armitage will play the lead role as Jackman
(I know, I can’t believe it either! How good is that!!)

The series will be written by BAFTA-nominated screenwriter, Tim Dynevor, and will be based on the Jackman and Evans series. The same series I started all alone in my little garden office many years ago. Now it’s going to be shown on TV,potentially all over the world, oh wow. This is a really emotional time for me and it still doesn’t feel real typing this announcement out. I can’t possibly thank each and every one of you enough for your support, as without you lovely readers giving your continual love with each release, these opportunities wouldn’t be possible. The biggest thank you goes to my wonderful publisher, Joffe Books, and the incredible Lorella Belli Literary Agency Ltd, and to Gina Carter of Sprout Pictures and to my hero, Richard Armitage, see photo right. Details regarding the series are still pretty slim, so as I learn more, you guys will be the first to know. Jackman’s coming to TV!!!!

To read all about it click on the link and paste into your search bar
The Fens

No comments:

Post a Comment